Monday, April 13, 2009

Shopping for Free is FUN!!

I have this new pastime... Okay... obsession. It's called shopping for free and I love it!

Who knew using coupons and store rewards programs could actually get you more merchandise than you can shake a stick at for a tiny amount out of pocket?

Here's what I did yesterday at Walgreens:

(12) Colgate Cavity Protection Toothpaste [$.99 each, $11.88 total]
(8) Colgate Toothbrushes [$3.29 each, $26.32 total]
(6) Skintimate Shaving Creme [$2.99 each, $17.94 total]
(4) Scunci Ponytail Holders [$2.00 each, $8.00 total]
(2) Packets of Baretts [$.40 each, $.80 total]

My total OOP was $15.20!!! (Our tax rate is closing in on 10%)

It would've been lower, but a couple of my Register Rewards didn't print. Still, I think I did pretty darn good!


Walgreens isn't the only place that allows you to shop for free. Here's an article to help you learn how to get the most out of your CVS experience:

How To Shop for Free at CVS

Happy Shopping!

No comments: