Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lessons From: The Squirrel

So I was heading to work the other day and I saw this squirrel at the end of my street. This little guy was totally engrossed in a nut or whatever it was he was digging up and without a care in the world. Suddenly, this huge SUV roared by. The squirrel scrambled out of the way and partway up a nearby tree. As I turned on that street, I couldn’t help, but look back at the squirrel. He was breathing hard, probably from squirrel adrenaline, but I noticed that he never took his eye off that nut.

We can learn a lot from this squirrel where our dreams are concerned. No matter what life throws our way, we need to keep an eye firmly focused on our goals. Sure, we may have to scramble out of the path of SUVs and up a tree for safety, but we have to keep an eye on what we were previously doing. Once we get up the tree, we can’t stay there. Sure, it’s comfy and safe, but we’ll starve. We have to venture back out and work to get that nut.

What’s your nut? Is it buying a house or maybe changing a career? Let me encourage you to get out of that tree and start digging again. Sooner or later, when you work at it, the nut’ll be free and you can take it up the tree with you.

Until next time! May you be in health and prosper.

No comments: